Nourishing: 2 people
Time: 15 minutes
A handful of your favourite seeds per person (my favourite are sunflower & pepita (pumpkin) seeds)
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 cups frozen peas (1 cup per person)
2 slices of bread of your preference (GF if required)
Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
1 ripe avocado
I love to compliment this with a handful of chopped fresh spinach or mixed greens from the garden
Chopped spring onions
Olive oil and balsamic vinegar drizzle
- In a small frypan, add nuts and seeds and pan fry on medium heat. Toss often to avoid burning. These are done when they start to slightly brown and pop (3-5 minutes), remove from heat.
- In a medium frypan, heat the coconut oil on medium heat and add frozen peas once oil has melted, stirring to coat. We are just defrosting/heating the peas and want them to retain their moisture so avoid over-cooking.
- Pop your bread in the toaster.
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to your peas, stirring to coat.
- Slice avocado and smash onto toast.
- Peas will go bright green and once they're heated through you can take them off the heat and use a potato masher to roughly mash them, leaving some whole.
- Plate up: Scoop your cooked pea mixture onto the avocado toast, top with seeds and add your garnishes.
- Breathe, extend gratitude to these ingredients and to the Earth and set the intention to nourish your body with this meal. Enjoy!