Give your immune system a boost with this quick and easy anti-inflammatory shot
Turmeric contains curcumin - a powerful immune booster with anti-inflammatory and detoxification properties. Fresh orange juice contributes a hit of Vitamin C and cayenne pepper activates the curcumin, increasing bioavailability (meaning your body can absorb more). This shot packs a punch!
Note that turmeric stains, so be quick with your clean up and careful what the turmeric comes into contact with. You'll need a juicer for this recipe. Shots can be refrigerated and consumed over a few days.
250g fresh turmeric
10 fresh oranges
2 cups of filtered water
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Peel and juice the oranges (I double juice them, i.e. pop the pulp through a second time to get maximum output)
- Wash turmeric and put through the juicer
- Pour 2 cups of water through the juicer to flush it out and add water to the juice
- Add cayenne pepper straight to the juice and mix thoroughly
- Pour into 6 small bottles/jars
Before consuming, take a moment to breathe, extend gratitude to these ingredients and to the Earth and set the intention to boost your immune system with this shot and absorb the nutrients you require.