Nourishing: 2 people
Time: 50 minutes
- Cook rice: my favourite way to cook brown rice is the boil method, as it always produces soft and fluffy brown rice. Rinse rice thoroughly and add to large saucepan. Cover with plenty of water, making sure there is enough room for it to boil. Bring to boil and let boil for 30 minutes.
- Slice up your vegetables approximately 1cm thick, and ideally get them around the same size so they stack easily, However you can do more than one piece per layer, like I've done with the zucchini photograhed.
- Grill/sear your vegetables until cooked through, I use my Breville grill/press.
- Once your rice has boiled for 30 minutes, take off heat, drain and pop back into the same saucepan with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Plate up: Smear 1tbsp of basil pesto along the side of each plate. Start stacking your vegetables, using basil pesto between each layer to keep it all together. Fluff your rice up with fork and divide between the plates.
- Breathe, extend gratitude to these ingredients and to the Earth and set the intention to nourish your body with this meal. Enjoy!
*We use Sacla Italia Basil Pesto 190g when buying store-bought, which is dairy and gluten free. You need to make your own pesto using seeds in order to be nut-free (I love sunflower seeds). Will share my basil pesto recipe soon.