Nourishing: 2 people
Time: 30 minutes
1 large zucchini, grated
1/2 cup flour of preference (I used an organic wholemeal, use gluten-free if required)
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 heaped tsp vegetable stock
1/2 tsp fine salt of preference (I used Pink Himalayan)
Pepper to preference
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Sides / Garnishes: side salad of fresh spinach and basil, avocado fan, kimchi, hummus and sliced red onion - or whatever you have on hand and would like to add as a side.
- Place grated zucchini into a sieve or colander and squeeze out into the sink all excess liquid. Place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Heat a frypan on medium heat.
- Add all of the remainder fritter ingredients to your mixing bowl and combine - you should have a dough like consistency, slightly sticky but able to be moulded into a ball.
- Divide fritter mixture into 4 and using your hands mould each into a ball. Add to hot pan and squish down with a spatula so they are thin fritters (around 1cm).
- Cook on both sides for approximately 7-10 minutes each side, or until golden and crunchy like you prefer.
- Plate up: stack 2 zucchini fritters per plate/person and pop on all your sides and garnishes.
- Breathe, extend gratitude to these ingredients and to the Earth and set the intention to nourish your body with this meal. Enjoy!